You love tech, its challenges and you are passionate about creating smart IoT-related products. As a member of a team of experts in IoT and digital innovation, you’ll manage the firmware development process of several projects across all the different project lifecycle stages: from the initial concept phase through prototyping, pre-production and eventually production readiness.
You will contribute to the library of Bagaar’s IoT building blocks and share your experience with your colleagues. You are comfortable interacting with the end-customer or partners. You believe in proper documentation, continuous improvement and like to work together as a team. You like working in a young, dynamic and lean environment where flexibility, autonomy and empowerment are the key rules. You believe that we need to keep on learning and improving.
Your job will vary from day to day but typically you’ll be doing the following:
- Gathering product specification based on client input or team feedback
- Defining the high-level product architecture from a FW perspective
- Managing the interoperability between systems and sub-systems of a solution
- Working closely with the HW development team to select the right HW components
- Develop and support various proof of concepts through FW Integration & rapid prototyping
- Define a test strategy and execute it
- Validation, debugging and documenting the solution and the choices made
- Bring our prototypes to mass production through teamwork and best practices
- Staying up to date with the latest advances in technology so you are ready for the next product design
What do we expect?
- You are responsible, autonomous and proactive in your work
- You have bachelor or master degree in electronics engineering or equivalent
- You are eager to discover and work with new technologies
- You have experience with embedded SW programming:
- Working experience with microcontroller platforms (i.e. STM32);
- knowledge of I2C, UART, SPI Interface protocols and wireless communications (LTE, BLE, LORA, …) are bonusses
- You are great at analysing your own work, have a sense of organization as well as being able to solve problems autonomously
- You and fluent in English, speaking Dutch is a plus.
- If C/C++ and Python are familiar to you, you can start tomorrow
What's in it for you?
Minimum 20 days of paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st
Flexible income plan
We offer all employees a flexible income plan where the bruto amount of holiday pay can be allocated by personal preference
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees
We are continuous learners
Flexible working hours
We dislike vertical corporate hierarchies, people here take ownership of their work and we trust them to do so
We all like weekends, that’s why we start them on Friday 16 PM
Being part of our company
We all take part in making our environment a place of inspiration, we know that the people of our company make our company
Bagaar is a technology driven product agency. In collaboration with our ambitious clients, we design and build digital products and solutions. We help our clients to gear up for the future. These are very exciting times of endless technological possibilities, groundbreaking innovations and genius answers to challenges that haven’t even been formulated yet.
At Bagaar you’ll get the freedom to manage your priorities, try out new things and join us in our mission to further improve our way of working. We aim to make sure everyone has what they need to make their best work. Things are a little different in a pandemic, but normally we work in our amazing office in the center of Antwerp. We’re surrounded by green and there is a farm on our roof. Yes a farm, with tomatoes and chickens.